Friday, January 18, 2013

Our First (attempt at) a Sevici Experience

Seriously, isn't there some kind of saying like "when things can go wrong, they will" or something like that? It comes to mind when I try to wrap my first Sevici bike-riding experience up in a nutshell. 


Si, it does look like we're having fun. And actually, it was all hilarious, but here's how the night played out: 

1. MC and I wanted ice cream, and we wanted to go to el centro to get it
2. It was 10:30 p.m. and we didn't want to make the 40 minute trek by foot
3. Lightbulb! Let's try out our Sevici passes (buy a pass, scan it at any station located throughout the city and rent a bike for 30 minutes, return the bike and pick up a new one if need-be)
4. We walk 10 minutes to the closest station, get out our cards, realize they require a 4 digit code which we didn't know, we walk back 10 minutes to the house to find out what it is
5. We get the codes, we figure out how to unlock the bikes (mucho struggle here), we ride beautifully to el centro and found the most delicious ice cream imaginable
6. We return to the station to check out new bikes, the one I check out has one pedal
7. I check out a functioning bike, MC checks out the last one on the rack
8. A bunch of people come up to check out bikes after and are pissed that we took the last ones
9. We try to bike speedily away, MC realizes her bike doesn't pedal forward on one side
10. I try it out, she's right, but the people are yelling at us and we need to go...I half pedal half hobble my bike across the street until we find the next closest station
11. Find a new station, the bike won't lock back into place. It took 10. minutes. to be able to check out yet ANOTHER bike
12. I sit down, the seat immediately sinks to its lowest point, it won't stay up
13. I ride home on the midget bike with my legs splayed out like a clown
14. Almost got hit by a car...good thing that of all the broken bike pieces I encountered the brakes weren't one of them

So all in all, I'd say it was a successful trip (mainly because of the amaz-az-ing flavors this place had...and he gave me my second cup of ice cream (yes, I ordered one and then ordered another) for like 2 euro what whatttttt

(pre-all catastrophes...feelin gooood on this cold January night on the way to get ice cream)


straight up chocolate on chocolate on chocolate, and I've never tasted anything better

Dad this pic's for you: check that flavor: *crema catalana*

No comments:

Post a Comment