Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Las Comidas Hasta Ahora

We've had a couple pretty sketchy meals the past couple days... gray chicken meatballs with a gray onion(I'm guessing?) sauce, a mystery seafood soup/broth, tuna-stuffed red peppers (definitely not fresh red peppers or fresh fish though), and 3 days in a row with frozen french fries. I always eat the food to be courteous, but if I really like something I'll eat everything and if I don't just doing it because I'm so hungry and haven't eaten in 7 hours, then I leave some of whatever on the plate that I didn't like. This usually results in Cristina questioning why I didn't like that thing, her explaining and then insisting to me that it is delicious, and then me saying that I really do like it, I just prefer other things more...its the nicest way I can think of to do it. And she doesn't really listen I don't think anyway because as many times as we've asked for nutella and peanut butter, she is insistent on the fact that it is not sold in stores. So today at lunch I just decided I was not going to eat the french fries for the third time in a row and she explained to me that there were starving children in Africa and she doesn't want to throw away food. Soooo after a few instances of less than delicious food, I wanted to write a little something that reminded me that there will be good food again, that she can cook. I love this lady, I really do, but I'm going to have to agree to disagree with her on some things when it comes to what food is delicioso. 

Salad with avocados and simple dressing: GOOD (aka no strange seafood mixed in)
Shrimp pancakes in the back with big ol' potatoes: ehh

Baked apples with cinnamon and honey: GOOD (part of dinner, makes it all that much better)

La lenteja with chorizo: GOOD
Tuna-stuffed peppers: nooo



Homemade pizza, heavy on the oregano: GOOD
The additional leftover tuna-stuffed red peppers we DIDN'T eat at lunch, added as a topping: again, noooo






No comments:

Post a Comment