Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our adventurous night of nothing

Before I recount my night, here's a recap of the day: 

So I did join a gym really close to my house, but its somewhat expensive and I'm just testing it out for the month to see if its worth the money. I've been trying to go to classes/use different things there to make it worth it. The other day I went to a yoga "breathing for the elderly" class. I was the only person under 60 in there I'm pretty sure. And it was like nothing I've ever done before...as in I've tried meditation and whatnot but this wasn't even that. It was like a stretch class for someone in their first day of physical therapy. Turn your head to the right. Turn your head to the left. Look down. Look up. Lay flat on your back for 5 minutes. Repeat. So I tried something different yesterday during the day. I went into an empty group fitness room to try to do insanity but was immediately kicked out. Strike 2 for the gym. But then I decided to take a cycle class on a whim...Kelsey you'd be so proud. I had no idea what the instructor was shouting but the music was loud and everyone was so happy. People actually hollered at the top of their lungs when we would turn up a gear or go from position 1 to position 2. It was hilarious. The bikes didn't have a computer part to them so I had no idea what my heart rate was or BPM or anything like that, but every time my neighbor turned the knob to go up a gear, I did it too. After the class I went down the locker room and remembered that there was a sauna...I hopped in and for the first time since I've been here, I think, I was warm. It was the best. I was the only one in there so I just stretched and lounged for like 30 minutes. When I got back home I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. So that was my day! 


I've resorted to yoga en la sala de mi casa for the time being

MC and I told Cristina that we were going out to dinner with a bunch of people from school...really we just didn't want to eat at home so late. On our way downtown we stopped in a supermarket to take pictures of the items we want her to buy, just to make it super easy for her (Special K Red Berries, strawberry Greek yogurt, leche desnatada (skim, not whole milk), and peanut butter.) 


Also took pictures of what not to buy; i.e. ham-flavored chips


We got down to el centro around 7:30 with the intention to go shopping, but when we walked by Alfonso XIII (gorgeous hotel) we wanted to stop in to get a drink and just sit in their nice bar area. 





It's a beautiful hotel, so it was a great idea, right? Wrong. We were hungry but we weren't about to pay three times as much for tapas than for a meal so MC got a coke and we ate some nuts as we sat and talked. From there it was our real goal to make it to the shopping district of downtown, but we passed by frozen yogurt, which we had to sample, and then by our favorite ice cream place which also served churros y chocolate. Cristina talks about these nonstop, so we walked in and MC made the impulse purchase- churros y chocolate for dinner. 
The hot chocolate is essentially just chocolate sauce...no complaints here.

By the time we got to where the stores were, most were closed. Sooo...we meandered around for like an hour and a half and I got some night shots of Sevilla.






So we didn't actually end up having dinner anywhere, and I'm still no closer to understanding any menu here, but even when there's nothing to do and nothing special has happened, I end up having some kind of story to tell. And I love that.




1 comment:

  1. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! Also, can we eat churros con chocolate during every meal when I visit you?

    ReplyDelete