Tuesday, January 29, 2013

El Real Alcázar


I'll keep it short because the pictures will speak for themselves. We took a field trip here, a little (and as it turns out, not so little AT ALL) place tucked back behind el centro. I never knew it existed, and I've walked past its gates tons of times already. El Real Alcázar was the central location for the king and his family, all government and judicial functions, and the military in the 8th century. Gardens and patios separate each building, and so much of it is still preserved today. This place was beautiful. I was freezing so I didn't experience it to its fullest potential for sure, but I can't wait to go back in the spring when I can pack a picnic and read somewhere. 


so much vegetation


pavos reales (peacocks)


detailed ceramic on every wall

insane ceilings

I can't get over all the detail

The main plaza

So. Much. Detail.

.......

Ceiling of tiny specs of gold and mirror so flame reflected off, making it look like the sky

The king's bath.





3 comments:

  1. Soooooooooo picnic here in dos weeko's?! (okay so I don't actually know how to say "week" in spanish but ESTA BIEN)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that the word vegetation made me laugh? I don't know why. Also, I like your outfit :) And I also appreciate the fact that you really liked all the detail - so much so that you mentioned it twice! Hehe so we're going. Also I should stop stalking your blog now but I probably won't so SORRY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used the word "also" three times. And now I'm having a conversation with myself on your blog.

      Delete